/ Wednesday, January 27, 2016 / 4 Comments / ,

D Merlimau Nursery

While I was on the way to Muar in Johor from Malacca recently, using the scenic trunk road, I spotted this quaint nursery. The signage is big and clear -- so it's hard to miss -- and the place has a screen to shelter the plants.  I was also attracted to the greeneries that are positioned in front, near the signage. Well, green against white is always a beautiful combination :-)




I met Ms Nurhidayah who was manning the place. She told me that the nursery has been around for about 5 years. I was so glad to have stopped to check out their plants. 




There are lots of bright and merry bougainvilleas at the back the nursery. I love the fact that they are small and come in various colours. It's so easy to pick one to bring home as they are all placed on racks.




At the side of a little pond are some 'Daun Hutan' I was told. Though I am still not sure what the plant is, they look like a type of anthurium. 



There is also a very handsome and huge anthurium that I recognise as Anthurium plowanii
at one corner of the nursery. It's so magnificent that I still think about it now :-)



The nursery opens from 8.00am to 6.00pm daily.


Plant Variety Rating: 3.70 | 
They have so many types of plants packed in the small place. I saw false agave (Furcraea foetida cv.), spider tress (Strophanthus preussii), Joseph's coat (Alternanthera spp.), Hibiscus rosa-sinensis cvs. and many more. There are even some small little plants like ferns, cacti and ear (Cryptanthus spp.). Not forgetting flowering annuals like petunia.



Plant Condition Rating: 4.00 | Most of the plants are in good condition.




Layout Rating: 4.00 | It's easy to check out the plants that they are offering as they are arranged in an orderly manner on racks.




Garden Products Rating: 3.90 | On some robust shelves are ceramic pots and gardening supplies. 




They have vegetable and fruit seeds as well.



Fertilisers and small gravels...



Premixed soil...



To view the map to Kampung Ayer Tawar, Merlimau, click here.

CONTACT DETAILS

D Merlimau Nursery
3525 Hadapan Taman Makmur
77300 Merlimau
Malacca
Mobile: 6012-944 3520 (Azlia Bt Jamaludin)

Email: AzliaJamaludin@yahoo.com



Share This Post :
Tags : ,

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Buy Plants online from Athelas Plants a plant nursery near battle East Sussex offering a wide range of beautiful Acers tree, Arid Plants, Bamboos, Ferns, Grasses, Palms & Shrubs. Buy online or visit our nursery.

Plant Nursery Ninfield

abjohn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
abjohn said...

i am finding the plant blog this is good blog and providing the more information of nursery
click here more detail about nursery plant supplier in Malaysia

Unknown said...

Nice Blog..
Its look a Orchid Supplies Of Orchids,yes nice pots..
I like decorate my beautiful orchids by Orchid Pots which helps in growing my orchids as well as look good.I prefer to Buy Pots From Green Barn Orchid Supplies Because it is a top 10 orchid supplier in USA,Florida...

[3][Green-up Solution][featured][Green-up Solution]
[3][Garden Solution][featured][Garden Solution]

Follow On Feedly

follow us in feedly

Shop My Book

My YouTube Channel

Welcome

I enjoy gardening and visiting nurseries and garden retailers. Here I will share what I see with reviews and ratings, from 1 (poor) to 5 (excellent).

My aim is to help you find a vendor near you and to encourage more people to be interested in greening the earth in a natural way i.e. by adding greens to their home!

Greens make a garden. The various gardening ideas published here are for you to get new inspirations for your garden. If you would like to advertise on this site or have a nursery that you would like me to review, please feel free to drop me a note by email.

Your feedback and comments are most appreciated and welcomed. Have a blessed day working on your garden!

Cheers, Stephanie

Contact me, email mygreenfinder at hotmail dot com

Feedback on a post, 'Post a Comment'

Follow me,                

Plant Vendor Index

Post A Message

Subscribe to MGF News

Enter your email address to receive updates straight to your inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner





Share This Site

Translate